18 Jan Choosing a Wet Room
A wet room is an excellent addition to any home. Even the smallest room can be transformed into a stunning wet room, adding value to your home – and making the morning bathroom race that little bit easier!
Wet rooms used to be thought of as a solution for accessible bathrooms, or as a cheap ensuite in student digs. Although both of these can be the case, the wet room has become a fashion statement in its own right. Not only are they accessible and potentially very affordable, they are also easy to clean and maintain. Designwise, a wet room is perfectly suited to the classic sleek, minimal look that never goes out of fashion, however any style can be accommodated in such a versatile setting.
Wet Room Pros
• Without a shower tray to scrub, a wet room is potentially much easier to keep clean. Some people choose to have a shower screen in smaller wet rooms, in order to keep towels and toilet rolls dry, but this is still far easier to clean and maintain than a traditional shower and enclosure.
• A wet room can add value to your home. As an ensuite, second bathroom, or an extra shower room, a wet room is a perfect way to use wasted space in your home.
• If you want to create more space in your bathroom, getting rid of the bath makes for lots more room.
Wet Room Cons
• If you decide to change your main bathroom to a wet room, you may find it harder to sell your home later on. For many buyers, the absence of a bath is a dealbreaker so think carefully before taking this step.
• If your wet room isn’t installed properly by professionals, the subsequent leaks will cause significant damage to your home. The room needs to be made watertight and sealed before the renovations can begin – don’t attempt this unless you are a professional!
• Wet rooms need to be tiled from floor to ceiling, which can be expensive. However, the simple metro tile will never go out of fashion, and is very affordable.
If you’re looking for somebody to design and install your new wet room, give us a call. Bespoke Bathrooms are specialists in fitting wet rooms, with the knowledge and experience to ensure your home is in safe hands. We take care of your renovation from the very beginning to completion – and beyond. We are not the cheapest, and that is because our service is based on quality. We use only the best materials, and employ the best tradespeople.
To have a chat about your ideas for your wet room, contact us today and we will see if we can help you.