30 Sep Our bathroom fit-out process
For many people, designing a bathroom and finding competent and trustworthy installers can be daunting, but it needn’t feel this way when you have consummate professionals to help you every step of the way.
If you’re thinking of carrying out a complete bathroom refurbishment but are unsure where to start, please read on to find out about our bathroom fit-out process…
The Early Stages:
Some people don’t want the stress and strain of being involved with a bathroom installation and would prefer to leave the entire process in the hands of the professionals, while some people like to source their own furniture and tiles and simply employ the services of an installer.
Whatever your needs and desires, we’ll work closely with you to ensure we deliver you the service you desire without treading on anybody’s toes. That’s why we always start off any design/installation process with an
1. Initial phone call. This is a no obligation, informal chat where we discuss your needs and expectations and discover whether we’re the right fit for each other. After this (dependent on whether you require project management services) comes the
2. Consultation. Again, this is a free service and you’re not obliged to continue with us after this point. This is where we’ll discuss in more detail the functionality you expect from your bathroom (shower/bath/toilet/storage etc.), the kind of ‘look’ you want and any other design features. If you’re still happy with us at this point, then we’ll arrange a no fee, no obligation…
3. Site visit. This is where we come to look at the space available and measure up. If you wish to continue after this point, then we’ll draw up
4. Professional bathroom designs. As this is a service that requires expertise, this service is charged at a nominal fee. If you’re happy with your chosen design and want to go ahead with using Bespoke Bathrooms, then we’ll proceed with booking in your bathroom installation.
Before the installation can take place, however, comes the process of you
5. Choosing your bathroom furniture, sanitary ware, tiles, flooring and accessories. Now is the point you’ll look at features such as underfloor heating and decide whether you want it before the job proceeds. We’ll provide you with a quote/job estimate, which includes labour cost and the price for sanitary ware etc. If you’re happy, then we will go ahead and order your chosen goods once a deposit has been paid. This is the point we can get on with:
6. Your Bathroom Installation!
Once we’ve finalised your designs, the sanitary ware, the towel rails and the mirror, it’s all systems go! Here is what you can expect if you choose Bespoke Bathrooms for your bathroom installation. We start by:
1. Isolating the hot and cold water supply to the bath/sink/appliances and draining and removing the radiators. If you’re having a complete gutting/refurb, we’ll then
2. Rip out the old sanitary ware/furniture such as the bath, sink and toilet (including waste pipes) as well as removing the tiles and flooring (if carpeted/tiled etc.) which is placed in a skip.
3. Remove other items such as blinds/accessories.
4. Remove any old/damaged/unwanted electrics.
5. Carry out any alterations to the frame/layout of the room if required, such as adding/removing walls, dealing with damp/dry rot.
6. Fix the electrics. This means ensure all the cables are run for any new appliances such as a heated towel radiator or shaving plug socket. This is also the point where the cabling for the underfloor heating (if required) would be installed, and the holes are drilled for any ceiling lights.
7. Once all of the cables and electrical wires are in their correct position, the room will then be boarded out and waterproofed.
8. Channels/holes are created for the new waste pipes/hot and cold water pipes for the bath/toilet/shower/sink.
9. The bath, shower and shower tray is fitted. Once these are in their correct position, we’ll
10. Tile the walls and lay/tile the floor. Next, we
11. Fit the WC and sink, including any vanity unit(s).
12. Add any other fixtures/sittings such as the towel radiator, mirror or cabinet and toilet roll holder.
13. Clean up any mess/clean and polish the bathroom.
If you like the sound of our bathroom fit-out process and think we’re the bathroom installers for you, then give us a call today!